Saturday, 29 May 2010

new old new
















Thinking of different contexts, I have had some shots taken of my work with an old 35mm film camera.
Looking back at the photographs given to me by my Grandfather, I wanted to create a series of my own, and instead of shooting the scenery, I have made a nostalgic coastal scene my own. This small scene details my most relevant and successful work throughout the year and combining new imagery with old equipment and i have created a relationship with my concept and content.
The pieces within the white box frames are to suggest possible framing techniques which I have considered for my portfolio unit. This type of aesthetic could be considered within an interiors context for the home, which is rather commercial for some of my other work, but I think some pieces have proved to be quite versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment